Dear brothers, sisters, and friends of Chinese Baptist Church of Coral Springs
Our Lord Jesus is the Almighty God, who has the power over evil. He not only rescues sinners from the darkness and gives us eternal life, but also gives us hope and victory when we face difficulties and challenges!
Earlier, our pastoral staff and deacons made a decision that our church activities should follow the guidance from the local government and the school board. When the Broward County Public School Board announced on March 13th that all classes will be suspended starting on March 16th and transitioned all classes online, CBCCS decided that all church activities will follow suit. This is to protect our community, especially those who are most vulnerable, and to further prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
We know that when God calls us to be his sons and daughters, we are not only supposed to follow God individually, but also be a body in Christ together. We worship corporately, we live our life together, and we serve together. When we transition our church activities online, we hope we can continue to encourage brothers and sisters to care for each other, stir up one another to love and good works. Even If we have to connect through the internet, we will continue to gather without ceasing. The following are the adjustments that we will be making starting this week.
or search CBCCS on YouTube. All worship services will be recorded so you can watch afterwards.
2) Offering: Offering is a way to give thanks and dedicate ourselves to God, as well as being a response to God’s commands. To help brothers and sisters to continue offering, our finance department will set up an online offering mechanism, which will be ready after two weeks. The details will be provided later.
2. Adult Sunday School – temporary suspended
3. Life Groups: we will postpone the start of life-groups to a later date, according to the pandemic situation. Before the start of life groups, each fellowship will continue gathering at its current form.
4. Chinese Adult fellowship
1) Luke and Matthew Fellowship: each fellowship will meet online using Google Hangout Meet. The content are as following:
i. March 20th: Matthew – Bible study. Luke – Pastor Tan’s Special Topic.
ii. March 27th: Matthew – Pastor Tan’s special topic. Luke – Small group sharing and prayer.
iii. April 3rd: Matthew – small group sharing and prayer. Luke – Pastor Tan’s special topic.
iv. April 10th: Good Friday Service through livestream
v. April 17th and beyond: Online bible study through the end of May.
2) Restaurant, Enoch Fellowship, and Wed. Mandarin Bible Study – suspended
3) AGAPE group: will meet through GoToMeeting.
5. English Adult Fellowship
1) LSEF – Gathering details will be provided later.
2) YAF – will continue to meet online.
6. JCYF – Gathering details will be provided later.
7. Children Ministry: We care for the spiritual growth of our children very much, therefore, our children ministry coworkers are preparing material for the parents so they can lead their children to learn at home. Besides this, coworkers will communicate with each child and their parents periodically to pray and to keep connected.
click here (required password)
8. Prayer Meeting: Prayer meeting will be online and the details will be announced later
9. Church Meetings
1) Business Meeting on March 29th will be postponed til the end of April
2) Council Meetings will be held online
10. West Palm Mission:
1) Sunday Worship Service: please join CBCCS Sunday worship livestream.
2) Saturday Bible study: meetings are cancelled until further notice. Deacon Bill will inform all members of any future changes.
11. All other events:
1) April 5th: Baptism, transfer, and child dedication are postponed
2) April 10th: Good Friday Service will be live-streamed.
Hebrews 10:21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (ESV)
Even though we cannot gather at church weekly like we used to, when we meet with each other online, may we still encourage one another spiritually, share what God is doing in our lives, encourage each other in faith, and continue to witness Jesus’ love in our communities!